About Fallon Community Health Plan:
Founded in 1977, Fallon Community Health Plan is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health care services organization. From traditional health insurance products available throughout Massachusetts for all populations, to innovative health care programs and services for independent seniors, FCHP supports the diverse and changing needs of all those it serves. FCHP has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is the only health plan in Massachusetts to have been awarded “Excellent” Accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fchp.org.
About Summit ElderCare:
Summit ElderCare is a medical, insurance, and social support program that helps older adults remain living in the community as an alternative to moving to a nursing home. They get personalized care and attention and comprehensive benefits.
Summary: Staff physical therapist with a minimum of one year experience working with elderly population. Under the general supervision of the Rehabilitation Manager, provides and documents the full range of Physical Therapy treatments and tests to all categories of participants, supervises assistants, supportive personnel and participated in educational services.
· PT evaluation therapy, assessment procedures are indicated. Conducts definitive therapy testing and interprets patients data.
· Designs and documents therapy plan of care. Modifies therapy goals or plan. Evaluates, interprets and responds to changes in physiological state.
· Evaluates and implements treatments. Designs and manages therapeutic program based on department standards.
· Utilizes all appropriate equipment per department protocols and standards.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills required to perform process involved in the delivery of age-appropriate patient care. Provides care appropriate to the patient population served. Completes all required competency assessments.
· Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers. Provides and documents specific training related to patients dysfunction. Provides patient educational materials appropriate to patient and family needs.
· Provides clinical instruction to affiliating physical therapy and physical assistant students. Accepts assigned students for designated clinical affiliation experiences. Actively cooperates with other personnel to achieve clinical education program objectives.
Education:MS or BS in Physical Therapy from a school accredited by APTA
License: Licensed as a physical therapist in Massachusetts.
Certification: CPR certification or willingness to obtain.
Experience: At least one year experience working with a frail or elderly population in a health care setting. Experience in home or outpatient settings preferred.